Ever Near by Melissa MacVicar

Ever Near (Secret Affinity, #1)Author: Melissa MacVicar
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing
Publication Date: September 2013
Source: ebook (provided by the author on BookBlogging.com)
Rate:





Summary:
Love is ever near. But trouble is never far.
Nantucket Island is haunted, but only sixteen-year-old Jade Irving knows it. Ignoring the disturbing spirits isn’t an option, because one dwells in the enormous historic home she shares with her newly blended family. Jade is finding it more and more difficult to explain away Lacey’s ghostly, anguished tantrums, especially with Charlie, her gorgeous, almost step-brother, living right across the hall.
When a power-hungry ghost hunter tracks down Jade and blackmails her, Jade’s secret teeters on the edge of exposure, and her entire future hangs in the balance. If anyone finds out Jade can talk to ghosts, her life will be forever changed.
Can she save herself, free Lacey, and hang on to her tenuous connection with Charlie? Or will everything she ever wanted slip through her fingers?
( via Goodreads )

Review:
This book was provided by the author for review.
Jade is an amazing main characther and I was not disppointed with this story, I can state that it was even better than what I was expecting! I've never been in Nantucket Island but the story was so well develop that I felt like I had already been there and I felt like Jade!
Jades crush for her future brother-in-law is so cute and her gift for seeing ghosts and how she deals with that situation is breathtaking.
The ghosts are described as being very scary and very delicate and there were some parts of this story that frightened me and that contributed to my focus on the storyline and the plot!
I enjoyed this book very deeply! It made me cry, it made me smile and it made me laugh!This is a different and very engaging read if you love paranormal and romance! You'll be reading non-stop until the very end of this story!
The family drama also contributes immensily to the plot is well dealt with and you can have a good laugh while, at the same time, you're terrified!
The writing is so well done that you pass through it like a brease in the winter time, since you can read effortlessly and really get into this amazing story!
It's a good book to read when you're tired and don't have much time for reading but still really want to do it! It has a loads of emotion and action joined with romance and paranormal and tighly organized in an amazing story so I truly recommend it!

4 comments

  1. I don't read too many paranormal books, but I definitely want to start! I'm very intrigued by the fact she can see ghosts, and being that I enjoy dark reads, I really want to pick this up! Nice review Ana, and it's a pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! You're welcome to stop by anytime you want! Let me know if you liked it when you read it! Love, Ana

      Delete
  2. I will have to keep this in mind when I feel a paranormal streak coming on. This sounds like a more than promising first in series. Thank you for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! It also has the advantage of being a short book so it's good for reading when you have a lot on your plate and very little time! Love, Ana

      Delete