My Kindle Shelves #4


So here I am, trying to post somewhat regularly and diverse content for your enjoyment. I noticed that I have not posted an update on my Kindle shelves for some time so I remembered to update you, in case there is something you might be interested in.
Being a book lover I am all too familiar with the struggle of finding fresh new materials to read, that can be good but also different, or even that appeal to my taste. So here is a little list of books I have on my Kindle, followed by a small commentary.

Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia
33158532

Before, Peyton was a star soccer player with the perfect boyfriend, Reed. Now, she has a torn knee ligament, a scholarship on the line, and a shattered sense of self. No one believes Reed pushed her, causing her injury, and Peyton just wants to leave the trauma behind. Living with her uncle and twin cousins in their small, football-obsessed town seems like a great escape plan.
There, Peyton meets Owen—high school classmate and local MMA fighter. Though Owen is charming and gentle, Peyton is determined to repress her growing attraction. But when her old and new life collide, Peyton must reclaim the truth of her past in order to save her future.

Kami Garcia was generous enough to send me an ARC of this book for review, through NetGalley. I started it today and let me tell you: I already know I am going to be head over heels for this book. It has already shown such a diverse cast of characters and situations that are real and characteristic of every teenager's life.
You can expect a review by February! Until then you can always pre-order it (links above).


Assassin of Truths (Library Jumpers #3) by Brenda Drake
34921582
The gateways linking the great libraries of the world don’t require a library card, but they do harbor incredible dangers.
And it’s not your normal bump-in-the- night kind. The threats Gia Kearns faces are the kind with sharp teeth and knifelike claws. The kind that include an evil wizard hell-bent on taking her down.
Gia can end his devious plan, but only if she recovers seven keys hidden throughout the world’s most beautiful libraries. And then figures out exactly what to do with them.
The last thing she needs is a distraction in the form of falling in love. But when an impossible evil is unleashed, love might be the only thing left to help Gia save the world.

Brenda Drake and Entangled Teen Publishing sent me an ARC of this book through NetGalley. This is the third instalment in the Library Jumpers series, preceded by Thief of Lies and Guardian of Secrets.
I fell in love with this series in the first book and have been having the privilege of reading them as they come along. The hopes are very high for this book, considering how the last one ended, and I intend to start reading it as soon as possible.
You can see my reviews for the previous instalments here, by clicking on the title: Thief of Lies (#1) and Guardian of Secrets (#2).


The SoulNecklace Stories (SoulNecklace Stories #1-3) by R.L. Stedman
35909560
Book One: A Necklace of Souls
Dana wishes she wasn’t a princess. She’s always being told how to behave, what to wear. The collier’s cart seems the perfect escape, only she didn’t realize she’d become so dirty, or so lost. Fortunately this boy, Will, has a sense of direction. And next to the forbidding stranger, N’tombe, he seems reassuringly normal.

This series was kindly sent to me by R.L. Stedman and Waverley Productions for review through NetGalley. This series consists of three books: A Necklace of Souls (#1), A Skillful Warrior (#2) and A Memory of Fire (#3).
After reading the synopsis I thought this would be a great option for a light read and indulge in my liking for brave runaway princesses and tales of strength and plight.
 I that I am able to read them soon so I can start posting what I believe will be wonderful thoughts on them. 



Heir of Illaria (Illaria #1) by Dyan Chick
33642526
In Illaria, there is a fate worse than death.
As long as I can remember, I’ve been taught to fear the Necromancer King. He controls the kingdom of Illaria with dark sorcery and the constant threat of his undead army. I never thought I’d have reason to cross his path. Everything changed the day his guards tried to kill me. That’s when I found out my whole life has been a lie. By joining a resistance group called the White Ravens, I’ve claimed new roles. Princess of Illaria, sorceress in training, and threat to the Necromancer King.


This book and kindly sent by Dyan Chick for review through NetGalleyfor an honest review. I have actually just finished reading it so you can expect a review very very soon. Without spoiling the review (or the actual book) I can tell you that, overall I really really loved it. It's a story with many familiar elements but that is able to sound completely new and whimsical.


Enchant (Enchanted #1) by Micalea Smeltzer 
35412486
Mara Pryce never imagined that her life was anything but normal and then a strange gray-eyed young man appears at her graduation. When he vanishes without a trace, she’s convinced he’s a figment of her imagination. Then he appears again and shatters her whole world.
Mara is an enchanter, part of an ancient line of Wiccan power, and a war is raging—one of good and evil—between the Enchanted and the Iniquitous.
The Iniquitous want her dead and it’s Theodore’s job as her protector to keep her safe.
When Mara and Theodore arrive at a safe house, where Mara will remain hidden while learning about her powers, they find that the real threat might be a little closer to home than they want to believe.

This book was kindly sent by Micalea Smeltzer for an honest review through NetGalley. Even though I am not a believer, I am very fascinated by Wicca and love when it has a spotlight in stories, that was what grabbed my attention in this book's synopsis. 
This book has a very unique and very interesting premise. I am very excited to read it and the, obviously write a review!

The Productivity Upgrade by George Ștefan
Productivity: The Productivity Upgrade, 3 Easy to Apply Techniques to Become a Master Learner Using Technology to Accumulate Knowledge Fast (Time Saving, ... Accelerated Learning, Efficient Learning)
Apply These Three Techniques to Instantly Improve Productivity and Learn Faster!
You’re about to discover how to become a Master Learner.
This book contains proven steps and strategies on how to increase productivity by taking advantage of current technologies.
Forget about Speed Reading!
While speed reading has great potential, it’s unfortunately very hard to apply.
There are easier options out there that achieve similar results and with MINIMAL EFFORT.
In this short book I will show you the methods I am using to learn faster.
Introducing...
Speed Viewing and Speed Listening as alternatives to the traditional Speed Reading!
Through applying the techniques presented in this book I can guarantee that you will increase productivity and learning speed MASSIVELY .
You certainly will be able to double, triple or even quadruple your speed of learning. 
Ok, I'll admit this is not at all my usual kind of reading material but it seemed interesting enough and with some practical use in everyday life. I do not know when I will read it, or even if it isn't one of those books that I will never end up reading but it is still an option, maybe it will surprise me.


Royal Blood (Royal Blood #1) by Amity Cross 
31687941
"There was no black and white in my world. It was black or blacker. And I was the blackest of them all."
Xavier "X" Blood only remembers the last few years of his life.
Trained as an emotionless and deadly assassin, he goes through each day crossing out names on a never-ending list, not once asking why they deserve what he delivers. Death.
Then one day, his programming starts to unravel and it's all because of her.
Mercy Reid has a secret. A big one. The kind that will get her killed if it gets out.
Looking to get lost, she runs from one hopeless situation and falls into the clutches of a monster. A monster that was programmed by the worst of the worst to kill without remorse. A man who is looking for her.
When X is given his latest target, things become muddy. He knows his mark is right in front of his eyes, but he doesn't want to acknowledge it. He's literally losing his mind after all.
Will he defy his programming and save the woman who has made him feel again?
Or will he pull the trigger?

I found this one free on Amazon and the synopsis was very interesting. It seems to be the perfect kind of book when I am amidst a book slump, which unfortunately happens from time to time. A little romance and bad boy stories go along way when you are down (especially if they are hot assassins).

Shadow Born (Shadows of Salem #1) by Jasmine Walt and Rebecca Hamilton
30247358
Brooke is no stranger to the supernatural. In Chicago, vampires are just as prevalent as drug lords, and infinitely more bloodthirsty. So when her partner and fiancé dies in a mysterious fire while chasing down a lead in Salem, she suspects something dark and otherworldly is at play.
Blessed with the ability to see into the past by touching inanimate objects, Brooke transfers to the Salem PD, hoping her talent will help her get to the bottom of things. Between dodging assassination attempts and being stonewalled at every turn, the going is tough. Add in a mysterious fae club owner with secrets of his own and a personal grudge against her, and it becomes nearly impossible.
If Brooke wants to play in the supernatural sandbox, she’s going to have to roll up her sleeves and get dirty. But how many people will have to die for Brooke to discover the truth about her fiance? And is she even ready to know? 

No comments